POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Virtual Box : Re: Physical Box Server Time
21 May 2024 07:00:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Physical Box
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 11 Jan 2010 10:45:17
Message: <4b4b478d$1@news.povray.org>
Aydan wrote:
> Have a look at the 800 series of the i7 in the 1156 socket.
> They're just as fast.
> Even the RAM interface is as fast because it has faster clocks but the boards
> are cheaper.

It appears the main difference between the 800 series and 900 series is
that the 900 has triple-channel RAM, while the 800 series uses "only"
dual-channel.

That would certainly make one hell of a difference to the price of the
motherboard, but I wonder what it does to performance?

The solution, of course, is to compile a parts list, price it up, look
and the performance benchmarks, and see where it slots in...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/