POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Postprocessing camera (d)effects with POV-Ray : Re: Postprocessing camera (d)effects with POV-Ray - Bokeh Server Time
16 Jun 2024 03:49:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Postprocessing camera (d)effects with POV-Ray - Bokeh
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 11 Jan 2010 08:24:33
Message: <4b4b2691$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/2/2010 3:58 PM, Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:

>> Looking really good!
>
> Thanks! But it has some limitations...
>
>> I had some code that could take an iris image in my 35mm Camera Macros -
>> you rendered the scene multiple times with a slightly different camera
>> shear matrix each time, and when you averaged the images together you got
>> focal blur with shaped bokeh. Are you doing something vaguely similar?
>
> No, not at all: my approach is not that clever... it's more like brute
> force.

This all very much reminds me of the stoichiometric rendering rig I saw
some time ago (I forget who posted it ...) that worked really nicely for
bokeh, but IIRC, it had some artifacts associated with it.

Now I want to play with bokeh in POVRay ... (wonder if I could rig up
some animation-based means of doing it....)

--
~Mike