POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bleh : Re: Bleh Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:17:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bleh
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 8 Jan 2010 12:43:21
Message: <4b476eb9$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 07 Jan 2010 23:50:05 -0800, Chambers wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> That makes me ashamed to be an American.
>
> Why?  The problem isn't that they're American (after all, the article
> states that many Ugandans view homosexuality as a Western import,
> meaning it comes from America, too), but rather that they're intolerant
> hate-mongers.

In the heat of the moment, my immediate reaction was "Americans pushing
their belief systems on others without understanding the dynamics of the
situation" - it's something that large parts of the population do here;
in this case, it's pushing an ideology to the extreme of causing the
deaths of people.

It is perhaps an overgeneralization (or indeed, a generalization based on
a stereotype, which isn't a good thing either), but it is how I felt upon
reading that article.  Well, that and physically ill.

>> Maybe it's time to start a march for "death to the intolerant".  Of
>> course, to do so, you'd have to be intolerant of intolerance, which is
>> a bit of a problem....
>
> I hate bigots.

Same here.

Jim