POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 'Orthographic spherical' camera? : Re: 'Orthographic spherical' camera? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:29:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 'Orthographic spherical' camera?
From: CShake
Date: 6 Jan 2010 16:33:34
Message: <4b4501ae@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> CShake <cshake+pov### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> Good idea, but make sure to set max_trace_level so you don't get
>> infinite internal reflection.
>
>   When have you got infinite internal reflection?

Hrm, never actually gotten it myself, but I've seen opposed mirrors
create a lot of bounces and slow down rendering. If the exact center of
this scene is sold, I guess it wouldn't be a problem, but if the object
has any transparency I'd be worried about getting another reflection of
the back side of it.