POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 'Orthographic spherical' camera? : Re: 'Orthographic spherical' camera? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:25:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 'Orthographic spherical' camera?
From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 6 Jan 2010 12:04:11
Message: <4b44c28b$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Don't listen to him. You can't get "infinite internal reflection" with
> povray.

I was more worried that the technique I proposed would make it
impossible for any rays to ever get to the background, since they'd just
be bounced by the sphere until the trace_limit was hit.  I don't think
this would be a problem in David's case since all the rays will hit the
moon anyway, but for a different scene it might make a difference.