POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : f_mandelbulb.010.zip : Re: Happy 2,0,1,0 Quaternion-power 'Bulb! Server Time
4 May 2024 19:38:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Happy 2,0,1,0 Quaternion-power 'Bulb!
From: waggy
Date: 5 Jan 2010 21:52:27
Message: <4b43faeb$1@news.povray.org>
Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:
> If you would like to see how hyou can build functions with macros,
> then below is a macro that produces a function that is similar to
> your recursive (non-quaternion) Mandelbrot function.

Thank you very much!

All things considered, unless there is a big performance hit for some
reason, I'd prefer to use this method to build the user-defined function
at parse time.  The recursive formulation always struck me as an odd way
to iterate, and povray crashing when the function is defined at the
"wrong" time is reason enough not to stick with it.

Besides, if the quaternion road leads somewhere fruitful, trying to
combine all the intermediate expressions by hand would be a nightmare.

With Great Appreciation,
~David Wagner