POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 'Orthographic spherical' camera? : Re: 'Orthographic spherical' camera? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:22:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 'Orthographic spherical' camera?
From: David Given
Date: 5 Jan 2010 20:59:57
Message: <4b43ee9d$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/01/10 19:59, Warp wrote:
[...]
>   If it is just a union, then make it an intersection CSG, but invert the
> sphere. That way you will get a "hollow" moon surface which you can look
> from the inside (with no overlapping surface pairs from the isosurface and
> the sphere).

Yeah, but it does involve a fair bit of fiddling with the model to make
work. I'd like to avoid this if possible --- too many opportunities to
break things!

Would it be feasible to use a plain orthographic camera imaging a plane,
and then have a function pigment on the plain that used the trace()
function to manually cast rays at the model? In other words, manually
building my own camera with trace()? Would this actually work?

--
┌─── dg@cowlark.com ─────
http://www.cowlark.com ─────