POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Should private schools be banned? : Re: Should private schools be banned? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:24:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Should private schools be banned?
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 5 Jan 2010 17:12:26
Message: <4b43b94a$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 05 Jan 2010 22:10:30 +0000, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

>>> See you Jimmie! Can yer mither sew? :)
>>
>> LOL!  As a matter of fact, she does - professionally.  She's got her
>> own business doing all sorts of sewing. ;-)
>
> My grandmother used to be in that profession. Why, she still owns a
> sewing machine that's fully capable of sewing through leather - or
> human, flesh, for that matter.

My mom's got at least 3 that she uses for different purposes.  She does a
fair amount of quilt making, but also does an awful lot of custom work -
from upholstery to wedding dresses.  She's also started teaching others
her craft, through her part-time job (working - where else - in a fabric
store).

> That's happened once or twice before
> now...

I think anyone who's sewed for any length of time has managed that.  I
even managed it back in middle school (when it was a required course at
the school I went to).

Jim