POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Should private schools be banned? : Re: Should private schools be banned? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:22:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Should private schools be banned?
From: Warp
Date: 4 Jan 2010 15:04:47
Message: <4b4249df@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> Warp wrote:

> >   Ok, it might not be "fair" that all children are not given the same
> > opportunities, but do you really want to lower the overall education level
> > of your entire country just in the name of "fairness"?

> As somebody who actually lives in the UK, I don't think banning private
> schools would do anything positive.

> Hypothetically, everybody should have an equal chance in life. Obviously
> this is impossible, but we can still strive to get as close to it as
> possible.

  I really do think that forcing "equal opportunity for everybody" by
removing privileges from the rich is *not* the proper solution.

  That's a bit like saying that everybody should have the same quality of
vision, and to do that, we make everybody blind so that now truly everybody
will be equal in terms of vision. That's just silly.

--
                                                          - Warp