POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 'Orthographic spherical' camera? : Re: 'Orthographic spherical' camera? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:19:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 'Orthographic spherical' camera?
From: Warp
Date: 4 Jan 2010 14:59:03
Message: <4b424887@news.povray.org>
David Given <dg### [at] cowlarkcom> wrote:
> I could place the camera at the centre of my moon, but unfortunately due
> to the way I'm treating the surface (an isosurface intersected with a
> sphere representing sea level) that will have the effect of reversing
> the land and the sea.

  By "intersected" do you mean using the 'intersection' CSG? Or do you
simply mean that you are using an union of the isosurface and the sphere
(the two surfaces would "intersect" with each other yes, but it's not an
intersection CSG).

  If it is just a union, then make it an intersection CSG, but invert the
sphere. That way you will get a "hollow" moon surface which you can look
from the inside (with no overlapping surface pairs from the isosurface and
the sphere).

  Another possibility is to invert the height function for the isosurface
so that everything that is pointing out will point in instead.

--
                                                          - Warp