POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : f_mandelbulb.010.zip : Re: Happy 2,0,1,0 Quaternion-power 'Bulb! Server Time
5 May 2024 03:28:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Happy 2,0,1,0 Quaternion-power 'Bulb!
From: waggy
Date: 3 Jan 2010 20:40:38
Message: <4b414716@news.povray.org>
Earlier, I blathered:
> However, although it returns a reasonable straight power-two mandelbulb,
> the current code doesn't seem to be doing higher powers quite right.
> Regardless, what varying the imaginary parts of the quaternion power
> does is indescribable.
>
> There are much weirder 'bulbs than the one attached, but this (2,0,1,0)
>    quaternion power beast seemed appropriate for the new year.

I found and corrected one error that only applied to using a power with
an imaginary part.  I attached the 2,0,1,0 mandelquat after rendering it
with the updated code.

For pure real power mandelbulbs, I'm still only getting the expected
results for power two, and still don't know why.

~David

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'mbq2010_beast_640.png' (199 KB)

Preview of image 'mbq2010_beast_640.png'
mbq2010_beast_640.png