POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Postprocessing camera (d)effects with POV-Ray : Re: Postprocessing camera (d)effects with POV-Ray Server Time
15 Jun 2024 23:27:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Postprocessing camera (d)effects with POV-Ray
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 2 Jan 2010 17:09:45
Message: <4b3fc429$1@news.povray.org>

> It all looks great :)

   Thanks!

> I guess it's my turn to wonder, how are you doing this? I suppose I
> should take a look at screen.inc!

   Well, screen.inc is just the tool to place the image in front of the
camera, passing it as a texture. At first I was just experimenting with
processing that texture (chromatic aberration, noise, distortion,...), until
I figured out that I could also trace and evaluate the image texture, to put
objects in front of the camera (cross screen filter, bloom, bokeh).

   Now my problem is getting all these camera effects compatible between
them, so that you can use them together. Also, I should sort them, as the
applying order is important for photorealism.

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

http://www.ignorancia.org