POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Postprocessing camera (d)effects with POV-Ray : Re: Postprocessing camera (d)effects with POV-Ray - Bokeh Server Time
16 Jun 2024 00:46:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Postprocessing camera (d)effects with POV-Ray - Bokeh
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 2 Jan 2010 14:57:40
Message: <4b3fa534$1@news.povray.org>

> Looks great! I wonder... how does it handle reflections? Actually, how
> is bokeh affected by reflection in real cameras? (I mean, when the
> bright spots are not seen directly, but through a reflection.) The same
> could be asked with refraction or just transparency.

   Ah... you really got me with the refraction/transparency thing! ;)

   With reflections there is no problem, but as the method is based on a
"focus map", it will not show the spots through a focused glass (similar to
what happens with postprocessed focal blur).

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

http://www.ignorancia.org