POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Artifacts in output : Re: Artifacts in output Server Time
4 Jul 2024 12:53:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Artifacts in output
From: Warp
Date: 2 Jan 2010 13:47:35
Message: <4b3f94c7@news.povray.org>
John Coppens <joh### [at] johncoppenscom> wrote:
> Hello people...

> I've switched mainly to beta34 now, and rendered a few test scenes for a
> Xmas card. For the first time, I notice horizontal line(s) which don't
> seem related to the scene.

> 1) They only seem to appear in lath objects,

  Lathes have shown artifacts (which look similar to coincident surface
artifacts) at the "seams" probably for as long as they have existed. I don't
know if it's a bug or a limitation.

  Either move the camera up or down a tiny bit, or if that doesn't help,
use a triangle mesh instead of a lathe (it will render faster too). There's
a unitility for that in the object collection.

--
                                                          - Warp