POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why people don't like Star Wars I : Re: Why people don't like Star Wars I Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:19:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why people don't like Star Wars I
From: Warp
Date: 2 Jan 2010 13:43:49
Message: <4b3f93e5@news.povray.org>
> I'm somewhat apprehensive about Avatar myself; my wife's
> got friends who are disabled, and they're quite unhappy about one of the
> central the ideas behind the film being that if you're disabled, you
> couldn't possibly live a normal life and the pinnacle of hope is that you
> could do something that made you not be disabled.

  I just went to see the movie, and I cannot understand that opinion.
I don't see anything like that in the movie (on the contrary, the disabled
person explicitly states at one point something along the lines of he not
going to let his disability stop him no matter what other people say).

  Either I'm missing something, or those people are criticizing the movie
without having seen it. (I haven't seen any trailer of the movie, as I never
watch those. I wonder if they got the impression from one.)

--
                                                          - Warp