POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : World size limits? : World size limits? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:22:22 EDT (-0400)
  World size limits?
From: David Given
Date: 2 Jan 2010 06:57:04
Message: <4b3f3490$1@news.povray.org>
I'm trying to model an astronomical situation, with everything to scale.
As this is vaguely scientific, I'm trying to use standard units
throughout, which means that some of my coordinates are rather large.

I'm finding that Povray appears to behave rather oddly when dealing with
very large coordinates. In particular, the world seems to be being
clipped by an invisible sphere at about 30e6 radius from the camera ---
although light sources outside this sphere work fine.

Are there any limits to the world size that I should be aware of? If so,
can they be adjusted?

--
┌─── dg@cowlark.com ─────
http://www.cowlark.com ─────