POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Physics, geometry, psychology of "no-swerve-to-left" laws in traffic. (US) : Re: Physics, geometry, psychology of "no-swerve-to-left" laws in traffic. (US) Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:22:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Physics, geometry, psychology of "no-swerve-to-left" laws in traffic. (US)
From: Darren New
Date: 31 Dec 2009 12:16:25
Message: <4b3cdc69$1@news.povray.org>
somebody wrote:
> Sounds like a dubious telling.

Sounds like she didn't actually get hit, so there's no way for the police
officer to know whether she swerved to save herself or simply overreacted.

I got side-swiped[1] on my left side once, and the other driver tried to
claim I hit him. Until I pointed out the scuff marks on my right tires and
the right curb, the cop was ready to believe him, as I was a very young
driver at the time.

[1] Side-swiped: Two cars going the same direction clash right-door of left
car to left-door of right car.  For those here possibly unfamiliar with the
idiom.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)