POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Should private schools be banned? : Re: Should private schools be banned? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:23:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Should private schools be banned?
From: Darren New
Date: 30 Dec 2009 15:59:43
Message: <4b3bbf3f$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   I was referring to "If they want lunch counters completely free of persons
> with dark skin, then the marketplace will provide it."

Oh, OK. You realize it wasn't *that* long ago in the USA that such things
were mandated, and somewhat later disallowed, yes? Near enough in time that
there's some people around who really would want to have such a thing
available?  I read it as just one example of things regulated by the
government that wouldn't be regulated under a completely free market, and
that might very well show up in that situation.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)