POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Should private schools be banned? : Re: Should private schools be banned? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:24:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Should private schools be banned?
From: Darren New
Date: 30 Dec 2009 07:38:22
Message: <4b3b49be@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:
> On 30-12-2009 11:16, Darren New wrote:
>> andrel wrote:
>>> I know that almost everybody wants themselves and their loved ones to
>>> live longer. That does not imply that all these people also think
>>> everybody should pass that time wearing digital watches.
>>
>> The two go together.
>
> That is what you think ;)

Of course I'm talking figuratively. You don't get more food and longer
lifespans without things like artificial fertilizer, genetically engineered
crops, and MRI machines.

And I'm not sure that everyone wants themselves and their loved ones to live
longer. Certainly many religions preach that it's a good thing to be dead,
and religions that utterly reject material wealth (like extreme monks of
various religions) also tend to be stereotyped as not dying.

Of course, in practice, folks generally are uncomfortable with death,
regardless of what they claim to believe religiously.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)