POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Lanugage suggestions? : Re: Lanugage suggestions? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:18:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lanugage suggestions?
From: Darren New
Date: 29 Dec 2009 20:25:42
Message: <4b3aac16$1@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:
> I'm looking at doing some CGI scripting, [ ... ] PHP
> seems more geared towards HTML output than anything else,

What is the relationship between CGI and the behavior of your scripts? Or
are you using CGI to mean something other than "common gateway interface"?

I.e., why do you want to avoid HTML in the context of serving web pages?

That said, PHP works just fine without running as CGI. Beware that you
properly clean up anything that loops over records - it's not intuitive in
PHP when it actually disposes stuff you've pulled from the database, so
looping over a few million records will likely fail.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)