POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : f_mandelbulb.010.zip : f_mandelbulb.020.zip Server Time
4 May 2024 22:18:52 EDT (-0400)
  f_mandelbulb.020.zip
From: waggy
Date: 27 Dec 2009 23:21:14
Message: <4b38323a@news.povray.org>
Here's the update.  [I see the .binaries, so I should be OK.]

I incremented straight to 0.020 since the new function has one more
parameter than the old (making it incompatible with existing calls), a
phase parameter between p_phi and i.

I also put in a clunky way to switch between using the SDL and internal
function, if you compiled it into POV-Ray with the internal patch.  Just
rename or remove the mbsdl.inc file and the sample scenes will switch to
using the internal function.  I updated the README.TXT to try to explain
these and other mostly minor changes.

Also, I added another sample showing the four major variations.  The
mb_variations.pov scene file is set to show the four power 8 variations,
but I also attached an image of the power two variants to highlight the
differences.

Happy 'Bulbing!

~David

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'f_mandelbulb.020.zip' (50 KB) Download 'mb_variations.png' (35 KB) Download 'mb2_variations.png' (34 KB)

Preview of image 'mb_variations.png'
mb_variations.png

Preview of image 'mb2_variations.png'
mb2_variations.png