POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Postprocessing camera (d)effects with POV-Ray : Postprocessing camera (d)effects with POV-Ray Server Time
5 Jun 2024 16:16:05 EDT (-0400)
  Postprocessing camera (d)effects with POV-Ray
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 27 Dec 2009 15:29:02
Message: <4b37c38e@news.povray.org>
Yes... again, I started something else before finishing the latest project.

And as usual, it started with something innocent: I was looking at the
terrific entries on the 3dRender.com Lighting Challenge, and I noticed one
of them had a subtle chromatic aberration effect that looked very
convincing. I was trying to emulate it with The Gimp, when I figured it
would be not difficult to do it within POV-Ray, with the help of screen.inc.

As the chromatic aberration did work nicely, I tried to simulate other
camera defects: distortion, vignetting, blue-channel noise, dust on the
lens... I was like possessed by Sam Benge, and nothing seemed too difficult,
so I tried next some effects: bloom and cross screen filter... anyone wants
any other specific (d)effect? :)

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

http://www.ignorancia.org

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'reloj-hdr-cdpp-csf.jpg' (98 KB) Download 'columns-13a-cdpp.jpg' (213 KB) Download 'e-track-6-01-cdpp.jpg' (98 KB) Download 'opensea-cdpp-csf.jpg' (587 KB)

Preview of image 'reloj-hdr-cdpp-csf.jpg'
reloj-hdr-cdpp-csf.jpg

Preview of image 'columns-13a-cdpp.jpg'
columns-13a-cdpp.jpg

Preview of image 'e-track-6-01-cdpp.jpg'
e-track-6-01-cdpp.jpg

Preview of image 'opensea-cdpp-csf.jpg'
opensea-cdpp-csf.jpg