POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Keyframe animation libraries : Re: Keyframe animation libraries Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:21:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Keyframe animation libraries
From: Alain
Date: 25 Dec 2009 16:19:26
Message: <4b352c5e$1@news.povray.org>
Le 2009-12-21 22:46, SharkD a écrit :
> Are there any keyframe animation libraries available for POV-Ray? How
> easy are they to use?

What do you exactly mean by "keyframe"?

When a video is made in a numeric format, a keyframe is a single full
image frame. All others are difference frames that only contain the
elements of the image that have changed from the previous one. This
saves a lot on the volume of information.

Thus, a keyframe is generated every time the point of view change
sudently, like from one scene to the next. There are often a few other
one every second of few seconds.

At least, that's the meaning I encounter the most frequently.

What the others refers to looks to me more like reference frames or step
frames.

Alain