POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Should private schools be banned? : Re: Should private schools be banned? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:23:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Should private schools be banned?
From: Warp
Date: 24 Dec 2009 17:43:33
Message: <4b33ee95@news.povray.org>
andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> There are too many subtleties involved about the British social
> structure in this case, so I won't comment. Not on this specific
> situation nor in general as every country has it's own culture and
> history of education. We don't really have such private schools and
> those that may come closest have no impact on the social structure of
> the country, so I won't even comment on whether it is sensible or
> desirable in the Dutch situation.

  I don't even know if there are private schools in Finland. Even if there
are, they aren't really part of the Finnish culture or society. It's kind
of given that everybody goes to regular school.

  (This is probably for the best, given how jealous the average Finnish
mentality is. This is a country where your house may get vandalized (with
insulting graffitti, etc) if you win the lottery. Actual case.)

--
                                                          - Warp