POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Should private schools be banned? : Re: Should private schools be banned? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:21:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Should private schools be banned?
From: Warp
Date: 24 Dec 2009 14:45:07
Message: <4b33c4c3@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aoldotcom> wrote:
> >   It still sounds to me like "rich people shouldn't get privileges just
> > because they have more money, that's unfair". The word jealousy comes to
> > mind.
> >

> It probably does to you.

  Me having that opinion would be really obnoxious if I were a rich snob,
but I'm certainly not. I barely make a living.

  But I honestly don't feel any kind of jealousy towards rich people. If they
want to put their kids to expensive private schools, then why not? Does it
hurt me in any way if they do that? No. Then why should it bother me? It
doesn't make sense.

  What *would* be unfair is to pass some ridiculous law which would forbid
them from doing that and instead force those kids to get a lesser education,
just because the majority is jealous of them being rich. *That* would be
obnoxious, IMO.

--
                                                          - Warp