POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Should private schools be banned? : Re: Should private schools be banned? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:19:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Should private schools be banned?
From: Warp
Date: 24 Dec 2009 14:16:44
Message: <4b33be1c@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aoldotcom> wrote:
> The idea is that all those posh, rich and concerned parents will do
> something to bring up the level of state education by forcing
> politicians to fund state schools properly.

  As if that's likely to happen. There's only just so much money that can
be poured into schools. No matter how much they would lobby the government,
the government cannot conjure money from nowhere in order to get all the
schools to the same level as the best private schools. It's impossible.

> Public that is Private schools in the UK foster elitism and that
> promotes our class system.  It is still war, you know. ;)

  It still sounds to me like "rich people shouldn't get privileges just
because they have more money, that's unfair". The word jealousy comes to
mind.

--
                                                          - Warp