POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Should private schools be banned? : Re: Should private schools be banned? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:18:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Should private schools be banned?
From: Stephen
Date: 24 Dec 2009 12:11:30
Message: <4b33a0c2$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   I was reading a newspaper article written by a British teacher whose
> opinion is that private schools in the UK should be banned. When all the
> wordy argumentation is distilled down to its very basics, it comes down
> to be, basically, "it's unfair that some children are getting a better
> education solely because their parents happen to be rich; this kind of
> elitist snobbery is completely inappropriate to the modern world we are
> living in".
>
>   This got me thinking: *Why* shouldn't at least some children get a better
> education, if their parents can afford it? What's so wrong with that?

[Snip]

That is the start of the slippery slope.

>   Ok, it might not be "fair" that all children are not given the same
> opportunities, but do you really want to lower the overall education level
> of your entire country just in the name of "fairness"?

The idea is that all those posh, rich and concerned parents will do
something to bring up the level of state education by forcing
politicians to fund state schools properly.
Public that is Private schools in the UK foster elitism and that
promotes our class system.  It is still war, you know. ;)

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen