POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : VMware : Re: VMware Server Time
4 Sep 2024 23:22:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: VMware
From: Invisible
Date: 22 Dec 2009 10:21:04
Message: <4b30e3e0@news.povray.org>
> - I like the "snapshot manager" thingy. That's really nice.

So what's the best practice with snapshots?

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles
And, by opposing, end them. To die, to sleep

Erm, wait...

If you want to test several things, is it better to take several
snapshots, or to clone the VM into several seperate VMs?

I notice that you can't run several snapshots of the same VM at once,
whereas if they were seperate VMs you could. And also you can only
reclaim freespace for a VM with no snapshots.

On the other hand, you'll never have a VM with *no* snapshots at all,
because then it would be impossible to go back in time...