POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wow! : Re: Wow! Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:16:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wow!
From: somebody
Date: 22 Dec 2009 06:58:58
Message: <4b30b482@news.povray.org>
"andrel" <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
news:4B2### [at] hotmailcom...

> No, but I intend to. I have seen some short scenes on TV, they look
> interesting, but I had the impression that realistic physics was not a
> goal.

I don't think realistic *anything* was the goal. CGI (the too much in your
face variety) looks awkward to me even from the trailers, for such a big
budget movie, from character design (why didn' they just use old Star Trek
masks and save a few bucks? For the end result is the same) to
animation/physics, like you mention. I guess the vastness/grandeur and
immersion and camerawork is what impresses most people. Storyline reads like
another cookie cutter Disney fantasy flick about evil white man vs naive and
innocent natives. Overall, it looks like Battle for Terra with a bigger
budget but same cheesiness. Excellent marketing, though.

All this work on CGI is being wasted. Cannot someone, anyone, come up with a
decent, semi-original, somewhat plausible sci-fi movie idea anymore?