POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wow! : Re: Wow! Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:16:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wow!
From: Invisible
Date: 22 Dec 2009 06:35:19
Message: <4b30aef7@news.povray.org>
>> I've just seen it in 3D... I would have chosen 2D, but they only
>> showed it
>> in 3D...
>> At the beginning, they showed an introduction explaining 3D-cinema,
>> telling
>> us that technology has advanced to the point where they can give us
>> 3D-cinema without any loss in image quality, yet during the movie I was
>> wondering why, if they really have that kind of technology, they
>> didn't use
>> it... this *certainly* was not the same image quality as a normal movie:
>> brightness and contrast didn't even come close to that :(
>>
>> All lies, I tell ya!
>
> BTW want kind of 3d technology did they use? If they went to great
> lengths to explain it, I suppose it wasn't red/cyan glasses. Did you
> have to wear 3d glasses?

The last 3D film I saw used polarised light and glasses with polarising
lenses to deliver stereo images.

Oddly, this didn't work especially well. The scenes were [mostly]
real-world scenes filmed with real stereo cameras, and yet scenes with a
lot of 3D depth were kind of difficult to look at. I don't know if the
eye seperation was wrong or what, but it didn't work fantastically well.

(Obviously we had the inevitable stuff jumping out of the screen at your
face trick...)