POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why people don't like Star Wars I : Re: Why people don't like Star Wars I Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:23:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why people don't like Star Wars I
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 20 Dec 2009 19:25:10
Message: <4b2ec066@news.povray.org>
Hey, everyone's entitled to an opinion.  But I'll give those who are
actually handicapped taking something like the premise behind this film a
bit more credence when they stand out and say that the premise of the
film is flawed because it makes the *assumption* (and therein lies the
problem) that all people who are handicapped *want* to be "made whole"
and feel inferior to fully-abled people.

The message that is being received by some in that community is "if
you're handicapped, you're not a whole person" - and if I were
handicapped, I'd find that suggestion offensive as well.

Jim