POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why people don't like Star Wars I : Re: Why people don't like Star Wars I Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:23:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why people don't like Star Wars I
From: Warp
Date: 20 Dec 2009 17:08:20
Message: <4b2ea054@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aoldotcom> wrote:
> You obviously don?t know what dyslexia is like maybe the old fashion
> phrase word blindness is more descriptive.

  I thought that dyslexia is a disorder which manifests as a difficulty
in reading. While this may increase the time which one nees to learn to
write properly, I don't see it described as an absolute impediment which
completely stops the sufferer from learning to write words correctly.
(Basically, if the dyslexic person has difficulties in reading a world
properly and associating letters with sounds, he might learn to write the
word improperly as well, but I don't see anything in the description of
dyslexia which would stop him from being able to correct his mistake and
learn the correct spelling, especially when specifically pointe out.)

  I'm certainly not saying that Andrew is one of them, but I feel that many
people use things like dyslexia as a convenient excuse for laziness to
learn how to write properly.

  Is it medically impossible for a dyslexic person to learn to write a
word like "sequel" correctly? Or is it a question of learning?

  As I said, one word at a time, if nothing else helps.

  (Naturally this requires willingness to learn and to better oneself.)

--
                                                          - Warp