POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why people don't like Star Wars I : Re: Why people don't like Star Wars I Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:20:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why people don't like Star Wars I
From: Warp
Date: 19 Dec 2009 17:11:56
Message: <4b2d4fac@news.povray.org>
Btw, there's one thing I really can't understand.

  Fans love Darth Vader. Fans want Darth Vader (some of the probably in the
double entendre way). But George Lucas outright refuses to give his fans
what they want. It's like Lucas has been infatuated by Anakin Skywalker, but
hates Darth Vader so much that he refuses to make anything related to him
anymore. But why? Why not give fans what they want?

  If I were Lucas, I would try to redeem the negative hype episodes 1-3 got
by making an interquel movie placed between episodes 3 and 4. It would be
all about Darth Vader and it would *not* be a children's movie. Instead, it
would be dark, and Darth Vader would be portrayed as a total badass, just
like the fans want him.

--
                                                          - Warp