POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why people don't like Star Wars I : Re: Why people don't like Star Wars I Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:24:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why people don't like Star Wars I
From: nemesis
Date: 19 Dec 2009 15:34:52
Message: <4b2d38ec@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 17:43:17 -0200, nemesis wrote:
>
>> You are obviously full of BS.  Models and renders are friggin' well done
>> -- you can even see sweat in the skin.  The only reason you notice they
>> are CG is because they are moving like no human being could ever move,
>> even with the help of wires.
>
> I also found the quality of the models to be lacking in the "mass of
> Smiths" fight, so no, he's not full of BS.  It's just not as impressive
> as the earlier part of the fights to him (and to me).

I didn't found the quality of the models to be lacking, specially since
there are loads of them and they are not so close as one to be able to
see the fine details like this:

http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com/vfx/rl_img/vfx_image_10.jpg

(which was bettered by the way for the close up during Revolutions
superpunch scene)

what I found is that the cloth system used was kinda stiff, combined
with the super human movements it shows a bit.