POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why people don't like Star Wars I : Re: Why people don't like Star Wars I Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:21:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why people don't like Star Wars I
From: Warp
Date: 19 Dec 2009 14:47:03
Message: <4b2d2db7@news.povray.org>
nemesis <nam### [at] nospam-gmailcom> wrote:
> Kinda like the "Jurassic Park" syndrome:  "ah, that's obviously CG!"
> Really, smartass?  What gave you that impression?  The fact that there
> are no running dinossaurs around so we could film them to be that
> realistic moving on screen?

  Actually, in Jurassic Park 3 they used both animatronic puppets and CGI
dinosaurs, and you *can't tell them apart* (at least not when they are
standing in place, as the puppets obviously cannot run). It's basically
impossible to tell from a given, standing velociraptor, whether it's a
puppet or CGI.

  Anyone claiming that all the velociraptors seen in JP3 were CGI is
being a smartass and can be easily proven wrong.

--
                                                          - Warp