POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why people don't like Star Wars I : Re: Why people don't like Star Wars I Server Time
4 Sep 2024 23:23:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why people don't like Star Wars I
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 19 Dec 2009 14:12:00
Message: <4b2d2580$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:

> Oh, sure, the final fight in particular does that - but it just went on
> for too long and depended too much on CG.  When the CG screams out "I am
> CG!", then it loses my interest.

The "swarm of Smiths" in Reloaded was just silly. He's surrounded by
2,000 Smiths, and yet at any second only 2 or maybe 3 of them are
actually attacking him. Um, why? But more to the point, about halfway
through it goes into surprisingly poor CGI. You'd think these guys could
do CGI so well you couldn't even tell, but this stuff looks worse than
some computer games that are rendered in realtime. WTF?

*yawn*

Yeah, we get it. Two imortal, unkillable entities fighting. Gee, I can't
*wait* to see what the outcome is... (As if there's any possibility
other than stalemate.)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/