POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Second thread about that $300 film : Re: Second thread about that $300 film Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:20:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Second thread about that $300 film
From: nemesis
Date: 19 Dec 2009 13:11:23
Message: <4b2d174b$1@news.povray.org>
saw it before.

gregjohn wrote:
> In other words, the proper inspirational message is, "This is what well-stocked
> university computer labs can empower a student with talent to do."

Yeah, I found the budget strange too.  Maybe the render farm and
software licenses were really for free if he's a student.

on a side note, it's nothing but a pyrotechnics technical demo.  Even
2012 has something resembling a story somewhere there.

Still, Hollywood took the bite about the low budget and undoubtly the
guy will be directing the latest Hollywood multi-million mindless flick
some time from now... ironic, isn't it?