POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Project Blender : Re: Project Blender Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:19:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Project Blender
From: Darren New
Date: 18 Dec 2009 15:45:48
Message: <4b2be9fc$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> No need for sarcasm, they are obviously tackling common complaints.

Only because earlier it sounded like some Blender aficionados were arguing
that anyone complaining is just a whiner and it's really not a problem after
all. I might have been reading into it. :-)

> I'm glad though that vim doesn't get too many whinning users about its
> quirks that just work right once you use them.

Oh, they do. The difference, I think, is that the quirks in VI aren't
arbitrary and unnecessary. :-)  I think if you hung out on an elisp
programming group, you'd hear lots of flamage of vi.

There are several things VI does (and always has) that bug me, but if anyone
changed it, I'd be completely screwed, because I've trained myself to avoid
the problem. (Sort of like what would happen if you put the control key back
where it belongs at this point.)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)