POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Project Blender : Re: Project Blender Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:27:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Project Blender
From: Darren New
Date: 18 Dec 2009 14:56:57
Message: <4b2bde89$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Isn't Wings the one written in Erlang?

Yes.

> I believed I tried it also, and it was similarly non-intuitive to
> operate.

You know, I thought they were all unintuitive until I played with it a bit
and figured out the operations. Really, go thru (say) the gingerbread man
tutorial, or the "create a blue alien guy" tutorial, and then suddenly it
seems to make sense.

> (But I don't recall it having any documentation, whereas
> Blender clearly does.)

It has an entire 130-page textbook it comes with.

> I managed to get a cube and move the verticies
> around a bit, but I'm not sure how you'd do anything useful with it.

Uh, read the docs? :-)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)