POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Project Blender : Re: Project Blender Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:25:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Project Blender
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 18 Dec 2009 14:38:21
Message: <4b2bda2d$1@news.povray.org>
>> Sure. But it's still one of the most complex mesh objects I have ever
>> constructed in all the years I've been playing with mesh editors.
>
> Try Wings.  Or try going thru a tutorial on Blender, just following the
> steps without trying to memorize anything, and then try Wings. It's
> basically the same ideas.  Each takes a bit of time (like, maybe, 6
> hours) of playing with it to get to the point you're not breaking the
> model every 5 minutes.

Isn't Wings the one written in Erlang?

I believed I tried it also, and it was similarly non-intuitive to
operate. (But I don't recall it having any documentation, whereas
Blender clearly does.) I managed to get a cube and move the verticies
around a bit, but I'm not sure how you'd do anything useful with it.

>> I haven't come across this in the documentation yet, but what does
>> Blender mean by "grab"?
>
> Translate.  Except they already used the T key, so they called it grab.

Fail.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/