POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : One step closer to Permutation City : Re: AWS[S3] Server Time
4 Sep 2024 23:21:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: AWS[S3]
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 18 Dec 2009 14:36:03
Message: <4b2bd9a3$1@news.povray.org>
>> So, since you seem to know a bit about AWS, here's a few questions...
>>
>> 1. Can you access stuff stored in S3 using normal HTTP requests?
>
> Yes.

OK. The documentation wasn't very clear about this...

>> 2. How do you upload stuff to S3? I mean, presumably there's a shiny
>> webpage for uploading individual files, but what if I wanted to upload
>> programmatically?
>
> You use a library, depending on what language you're using, or you
> implement your own.

I'd be in the latter group.

(There *is* actually a library already, but there's no documentation for
it, so...)

>> 3. How does AWS authentication work?
>
> Using HTTP with REST, you sign certain HTTP headers and the content
> checksum (or something like that) with the secret key that Amazon gives
> you when you sign up for an account. Which makes it almost REST.
>
> Using HTTP with SOAP, you use the standard SOAP certificate stuff that's
> built into decent SOAP libraries.

...right. So I actually need real crypto libraries to be able to use it?
Oh well, that's the end of that then.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/