POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PovRay limits (PovTree question) : PovRay limits (PovTree question) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:24:01 EDT (-0400)
  PovRay limits (PovTree question)
From: TC
Date: 18 Dec 2009 10:57:54
Message: <4b2ba682$1@news.povray.org>
If I generate a tree using PovTree I usually get very large files. Then I
plant trees (a lot of them) to achieve a wood. The more trees, the longer it
takes to compute, which is self-evident and not the point of the question.

My questions now, in the hope that some guru may enlighten this unworthy
disciple ;-)

How do I determine the maximum number of trees I can use in a PovRay scene?
Or better put: what are the limitations of objects in PovRay?

Is it better to use one tree and just modify size, orientation and rotation
or could I use multiple different trees (different outputs from PovTree)?
Or, more generally, does PovRay put an object like a tree in some kind of
cache and uses this one object to compute the thousand scaled, rotated and
translated clones?

What is the maximum number of different PovTrees you used in a scene (really
complex trees or other objects)?