POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Project Blender : Re: Project Blender Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:23:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Project Blender
From: Invisible
Date: 18 Dec 2009 04:25:18
Message: <4b2b4a7e$1@news.povray.org>
>> Well, I don't know. All the other 3D modellers have their quirks, but
>> in all of them, once you've selected the right mode, clicking on a
>> point and dragging it makes it move. (And also any edges and faces
>> associated with it, obviously.) In Blender, this basic operation
>> doesn't seem to work...
>
> click with LMB and drag it around while holding LMB.  I don't know if
> this can be changed, never bothered to find out because it seems just ok
> to me.

Doesn't seem to work.

What I have discovered, however, is that you can do the following:
Assuming the thing you want to move is selected, press the LMB and drag.
Nothing happens. Release the LMB, and *then* the selected item(s) move
as you move the mouse, even if the mouse is nowhere near them. Click the
LMB again to stop moving (or ESC to cancel).

Seems like a pretty screwy choice, but hey, it works I guess...