POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Project Blender : Re: Project Blender Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:22:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Project Blender
From: scott
Date: 18 Dec 2009 02:40:33
Message: <4b2b31f1$1@news.povray.org>
> Now, if I can determine how to move all the existing geometry around
> without completely destroying it, I might be able to rearrange all the
> points into a more circular configuration. (Although obviously it'll
> never be symmetrical...)

If you use the mirror modifier you can work on half/quarter/eighth
(depending how many axes you mirror it on) of the model and have the
modifier automatically generate the rest on the fly.  When drawing the mesh
for cars I usually mirror from left/right of the car as for most parts it's
totally symmetrical.

Looking good though, just set the normal mode to "smooth" rather than
"flat", add a few more sub-division levels and you'll have created your
first "obviously totally impossible million triangles placed by hand" :-)