POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Geometric puzzle : Re: Geometric puzzle Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:22:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Geometric puzzle
From: Darren New
Date: 17 Dec 2009 21:55:11
Message: <4b2aef0f$1@news.povray.org>
gregjohn wrote:
> Blender's CSG couldn't do the boolean logic on something this
> complex. Povray didn't blink.

I think all problems I ran into with Blender were of the form "we didn't
ever need to do this, so we didn't implement it."

For example, it seems to bomb if you move the container the fluid is in,
crashing out the calculations for the fluid sim.

Or using Python for cloning an object and moving it so you have a whole
bunch of them. Which works fine until you tell it to animate them, at which
point it forgets where you placed them.

Stuff like that I'm just not going to battle against, because it shows
there's underlying flaws in the deepest structures used by the program.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)