POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Geometric puzzle : Re: Geometric puzzle Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:22:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Geometric puzzle
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 17 Dec 2009 15:30:30
Message: <4b2a94e6$1@news.povray.org>
>>> I take it you can't prove your arguments, right?  Or perhaps you need
>>> a whole day to provide a pure SDL, perfectly curved phone?
>>
>> For your benefit, I will repeat myself: *most* man-made objects have
>> lots of straight or simply-curved edges and are very easy to model
>> with CSG.
>
> No, they aren't easy.  Which is why you're backing off.

So you're seriously telling me that if you wanted to model, say, an
engine, you'd actually draw billions of triangles rather than just take
a cube and intersect a few cylinders out of it, and then make the
pistons to go in it, etc?

Um, why?

>> Then again, given that I personally can't model them with triangles
>> either, it's kind of moot at this point.
>
> You can't because you're stubborn and does not listen to advice, but
> other people can because they learn instead of whine.

Or rather, because they've spent more time reading the documentation
than I have so far?

> Bevels in Blender go about as easily as selecting the appropriate
> modifier from a drop-down list.

I'll believe it when I see it. :-P

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/