POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Geometric puzzle : Re: Geometric puzzle Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:21:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Geometric puzzle
From: nemesis
Date: 17 Dec 2009 15:26:40
Message: <4b2a9400$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 escreveu:
>>> Fine, give us your perfectly curved SDL phone and we'll all agree
>>> with you.  I'll give you the benefit of doubt and more 10 minutes.
>>
>> I take it you can't prove your arguments, right?  Or perhaps you need
>> a whole day to provide a pure SDL, perfectly curved phone?
>
> For your benefit, I will repeat myself: *most* man-made objects have
> lots of straight or simply-curved edges and are very easy to model with
> CSG.

No, they aren't easy.  Which is why you're backing off.

> Then again, given that I personally can't model them with triangles
> either, it's kind of moot at this point.

You can't because you're stubborn and does not listen to advice, but
other people can because they learn instead of whine.

Bevels in Blender go about as easily as selecting the appropriate
modifier from a drop-down list.  How many clever lines of SDL code do
you have to go through to add perfectly curved bevels to your hard-edged
CSGs?  don't mind, it's rhethoric.  You could ask clipka, because his
train was the best piece of beveled pure CSG I've ever seen...

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9