POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Geometric puzzle : Re: Geometric puzzle Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:23:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Geometric puzzle
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 17 Dec 2009 15:13:19
Message: <4b2a90df$1@news.povray.org>
>> Fine, give us your perfectly curved SDL phone and we'll all agree with
>> you.  I'll give you the benefit of doubt and more 10 minutes.
>
> I take it you can't prove your arguments, right?  Or perhaps you need a
> whole day to provide a pure SDL, perfectly curved phone?

For your benefit, I will repeat myself: *most* man-made objects have
lots of straight or simply-curved edges and are very easy to model with
CSG. However, highly-curved non-random objects such as car bodies or
trainers or similar are difficult to model using only CSG.

Then again, given that I personally can't model them with triangles
either, it's kind of moot at this point.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/