POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Project Blender : Re: Project Blender Server Time
4 Sep 2024 23:19:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Project Blender
From: Darren New
Date: 17 Dec 2009 12:43:03
Message: <4b2a6da7$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> Darren New escreveu:
>> Hey, don't get pissy at *me*
>
> I'm not pissy at you.  I'm obviously directing the comments at Orchid.
>
>> just said the UI is hard to learn and to remember, which I think
>> you'll find most people agree with. In part because it *does* do so much.
>
> Yeah, but I was just pointing out there's some easily remembered
> mnemonics to go with each keycombo.

Sure.  But you have to remember the mnemonics.  Unlike, say, arrow keys,
which need no mnemonic to remember which is which.  And they're not all
mnemonics, either, which also makes it difficult.

Plus, the fact that I have to remember D from ctl-D from Shift-D from
ctl-shift-D and they all do slightly different things? Difficult. But again,
it's because it does so much.

Also difficult is the number of buttons that influence the behavior of other
buttons, down in the lower windows, and the lovely labels like "VColPai"
that are supposed to be informative. :-)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)