POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Geometric puzzle : Re: Geometric puzzle Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:22:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Geometric puzzle
From: Darren New
Date: 17 Dec 2009 12:38:14
Message: <4b2a6c86$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> Darren New escreveu:
>> nemesis wrote:
>>> I see.  A limited scripting language with no real support for modules
>>> or functions is better-suited for all those than a more general one.
>>
>> Yep. I actually didn't use an # directives in the outputs. Just
>> thousands of individual objects, with each scene still only taking a
>> second or two to parse.
>
> You have loops, ifs and macros.  I didn't say otherwise.

No, POV has loops, ifs and macros. *I* actually didn't use them.

Oh, are you trying to compare SDL against Blender's Python? Yeah, I tried
writing code in blender's Python. It doesn't work. It's buggy. It's
undocumented or at best very poorly documented.

So, in this specific instance, yeah, SDL is actually a better output
language than Blender's Python interface, if that's what you mean.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)